Grants and Donations Request Procedures
The Bioventus grant committee is charged with considering requests for grants and other charitable donations. The committee may award grants and/or donations for charitable causes to not-for-profit institutions (if for-profit, must have proof of CME accreditation), medical foundations, and professional societies whose mission includes public health treatment, scientific research and/or medical education.
Although each request is considered on individual merits, corporate grants and donations are generally not made available (1) to any individual, (2) to any for-profit physician practice, group, association or entity, (3) to any patient, (4) or on behalf of any customer or patient.
- Non-invasive bone healing
- Hyaluronan treatment for osteoarthritis
- Spine and trauma bone grafting (USA & Canada)
Examples of Grants & Donations
Educational Grant – grants for educational programs
CME Grant – grants to an Accredited Provider for a specifically named continuing medical education conference or program
Research Grant – grant for scientific research with documented scientific merit
Product Donation – donation of Bioventus products for use in research or educational endeavors
Charitable Contribution – cash or in-kind donation for charitable purposes
How to Request a Grant or Donation
Each written grant or donation request must include:
- The name and address
- A letter and a brief description of the organization’s charitable, educational or scientific purpose
- A description of the specific charitable/research event or other purpose for the grant
- The amount requested and a budget of how the funds would be spent
- The anticipated date, time and location of the event
- For educational grants, a copy of the proposed agenda and identification of the intended target audience
- For product donations, a list of desired products should be provided along with the purpose and ultimate destination for the use of the products
- For CME grants, the Letter of Agreement
- For research grants, the study protocol is required
All Grants are handled through the Bioventus Professional Affairs Department in order to separate grants and commercial activities. Once a grant is submitted, our internal Grant Committee reviews and approves or declines grant requests. Sales personnel are not involved in the submission, review, or approval processes of grant requests, nor are they informed of the status of any grant request submissions. If you have any questions regarding your grant please contact Michelle Deneke (Senior Professional Affairs Coordinator) or Mark Harbaugh (Group Director Medical Education & Professional Affairs) using the contact information listed below.