UPDATE: Due to the current circumstances, we are unable to provide funding for new IISR proposals. We are happy to review new proposals with the understanding that approval/non-approval may not occur until a later date. New proposals requesting product donations of Durolane and/or Exogen devices will still be considered for the time-being. Any specific questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Pre-clinical and Clinical Investigator Initiated Study Support Request Procedure
The Investigator Initiated Studies Committee is charged with considering requests for pre-clinical and clinical study support. The committee may award funding to institutions, medical foundations, and professional societies whose mission includes public health treatment, scientific research and/or medical education.
For clinical studies the investigator is responsible for obtaining IRB approval prior to Bioventus providing the initial funds for the study. For pre-clinical studies, the investigator is responsible for following relevant national ethical guidelines. Both clinical and pre-clinical studies undergo an additional ethical review by the investigator initiated studies committee.
For new indication studies the investigator is responsible for obtaining regulatory approval through the appropriate national body. In the USA approval for investigator initiated IDE trials is provided by the FDA.
How to Request Support for a Study
Each written request must include:
1. The name and address for the institution
2. A study protocol
3. CVs for the study investigators
4. The amount requested and a budget of how the funds would be spent
5. The anticipated timing of the study
6. For product donations, a list of desired products should be provided
Additional information may be requested.
Areas of interest
Hyaluronic acid treatment for new indications or new joints
- Small joints
- Comparator HA studies (active treatment vs. placebo)
- Health Economic Outcomes Research (HEOR)
- Pharmacoeconomic data – AE costs
- Duration effect and safety data
- Safety and efficacy data of repeat dosing
- Clinical and case studies
- Bone Grafting (spine and trauma bone grafting)
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Use of placental products in musculoskeletal painful conditions (e.g. Degenerative Disk Disease, frozen shoulder, tendinopathy, osteoarthritis)
Where to submit a study request
Please send via e-mail to: