Announced in March of 2017, Bioventus has commissioned an innovative series of clinical studies to further validate the ability of the EXOGEN® Ultrasound Bone Healing System to mitigate the risk of a fracture progressing to nonunion in the presence of known risk factors.
The BONES (Bioventus Observational Non-interventional EXOGEN Studies) consists of three observational, non-interventional, direct-to-patient studies which will collect real world data on the use of EXOGEN. The studies will include bones representative of long and small bones of upper and lower extremities from US patients and the unique design has been finalized with FDA oversight and support.
BONES News and Study Information
- Bioventus to Invest in New Clinical Research for EXOGEN
- Bioventus Announces First Patients Enrolled in BONES Study for EXOGEN
- Medical PI – Robert Zura, MD
- Epidemiology PI- Christina Mack, PhD MSPH
- BONES Study Record Detail at www.clinicaltrials.gov
- March 15, 2017 – Bioventus announces its investment in more research for EXOGEN with the BONES (Bioventus Observational Non-interventional EXOGEN Studies) clinical development program and the potential to expand our FDA indication and label.
- September 13, 2017 – Bioventus announces the first patients enrolled in the BONES (Bioventus Observational Non-interventional EXOGEN Studies) clinical development program.